How do you know if you are ready to move your IT into the cloud ?
You can tell if you need to look at cloud solutions if you are in any of the following positions.
- You have a problem that can be solved by a cloud service.
- You have enough hardware going end of life to make an ongoing operating expense more appealing than a capital expenditure for a replacement
- You have high internal IT costs that could be replaced with a cloud service.
- You have strict reliability or uptime requirements
Consider a £10,000 Capex Investment for a new Server.
- Installation of Servers and Solutions will be a further £2000
- By replacing your systems you will still need IT Support and this may be a further £500 per month.
- You will need to put in place Disaster Recovery measures, Tape Backup, Distributed File Systems, Disk to Disk backups or virtual servers.
- You pay IT Services £500 per month to support your network.
- You will need to ensure the backup procedures are followed each day.
- Hardware and Software must be upgraded on average every 3 years.
Now Consider a £500 per month Opex cloud based solution.
- Your users connect to a cloud based server, to run SAGE, MS EXCHANGE, OFFICE365 or a Bespoke Line of Business solution.
- Disaster Recovery is part of the solution and Backups are carried out online.
- IT Support is part of the solution
- Backup is automatic each day.
- Hardware and software upgrades are part of the solution
Leaving you to get on with your business.
By 2016 cloud computing will be the bulk of new IT spend – Gartner
39% of SMB market is not using cloud services – Spiceworks
37% of IT professionals surveyed say that senior management is pushing IT to switch to operating expenses model – CDW